I found a nice link with good info about different chocolates and their toxicity to a normal dog (meaning the dog isn't especially sensitive to the compound in chocolate):
I found this because Moo decided to grab the remnants of my peanut M&M's that I had here on my desk. I am so out of it with this darn cold that I forgot to grab them and put them up out of reach when I got up to take the pooches out for a potty walk. Needless to say, when I got back inside with Sadie, Moo had finished off the bag.
She (so far) seems to have a pretty ironclad stomach when it comes to the things she gets into…I hope that holds true for the stupid chocolate. We'll see. At least I am home all week, except for later tonight, but Neil will be here so she won't be alone.
Also, I discovered on that website link that there is an Animal Poison Control Hotline phone number. Apparently there is a small service fee for using it, but what a good thing to have around – especially when you own a lab who will eat anything and everything!